top of page
  • Writer's pictureJ. F. Rowan

On the way back… Phoenix anyway.

I wrote this twice. No, make that three times. Put on your waders because it’s about to get deep in here. I wrote this blog three times before I finally decided my river of disappointment had begun to recede. Why? Well, if you insist.

Well, I guess it's time to make dinner.

Another great sunset.

We had a great time in Tucson. We both agreed that we could have easily spent more time there. If I wrote everything we liked about our visit there, I’d be writing blog posts until the cows came home. But we were on a timeline. A timeline that included a repeat house-sit back in Phoenix with a cat named Lupe. If this was a movie, Bill Murray would play me and have a line like, “Chicks dig me because I dig cats.” But he is indeed a great cat at the end of a very long life and if you knew his whole story (sorry, sitter -cat confidentiality) you would think so too.

Great view from the campsite!

We left Tucson and headed back to Phoenix where we would stay two nights at a campground right outside of town before beginning our two week house-sit. Usery Mountain Regional Park. Same system as the park we used way back when we first got to Phoenix, but perhaps with a few more problems. Not going to get into it too deep, so you’re just going to have to trust me on this.

Let’s just sum it up, shall we? Our first night was fine. The second night resulted in me knocking on some guys' door because he was running a generator at 1 AM, which isn’t allowed. He said it was for a CPAP machine, which, through my fine-tuned ability to see through Bull$Hi7, I was able to get him to confess that he was in fact, using the power to keep a cooler full of meat frozen. Meat, which was going to be used at a BBQ the next day. AND, after some lawyer like skills, he finally admitted that the campground was fully aware of it. Yet, when I approached management the next day and asked for a refund for the single night incident that we had, they blew me off saying that it was out of their control. Which it was since noise in this campground was a known problem. A problem we were briefed about two days earlier. There are many more details about this that I just don’t want to get into here, but suffice it to say, we won’t be going back there anytime soon.

Great hiking opportunities here!

Thankfully, it was a short stay and that our first 36 hours there were fine. Now, let's get to this house sit so we can get some spring planning done!

We're back!

107 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page